Last edit: on May 4, 2004 12:01 (4706 days, 22 minutes ago) (diff)
Yacff.Gratiswiki.Dk | RecentChanges | Preferences | GratisWiki
Suggestion by DontKnowWho?: XML
(I don't know who originally suggested it, but it doesn't really matter. --BardurArantsson?)
Some else write one up, I don't care enough. :) (--BardurArantsson?)
See the specs [here].
- Well-defined standard.
- Hierarchical structure.
- Reasonably well known by most developers.
- Parsers for almost all languages; Ocaml has at least two: [PXP] and [XmlLight] (of these the last one seems much more applicable to configuration parsing).
- Huge standard, though it is well-known.
- Quite complex.
- Lots of syntax.
- The "should it be an attribute or should it be content?" problem.
- Users don't necessarily know the syntax.
- Which DTD/Schema?/... mechanism (if any)? (I don't feel it makes sense to any such mechanism as all of the structure and values will be checked anyway by the app. --BardurArantsson?)
GratisWiki hostes af HOW